This was a pretty good week. First off, I only spent 2.5 days at the office. Yay! Even if it's already over, I am/was pretty excited about it. Normally, when I file for AUT it does not get approved for the whole day, so I'd play safe and just file for a half-day. Then lately Traffic issued odd schedules for the under time: it'd start and end on the half-hour, and that's especially awkward for the 12-9 ppl. Anyway, since I didn't want to use my leave credits and so badly wanted to take a break, I still filed for 0000-0830 AUT and would just wait and see if it would get approved or not. Either way, I tried.
So. Last week, while I was still logged in, Joby puts me on POS busy. At first, I thought, uh-oh, what did I do, did I do something bad? Then he says that Traffic was asking if it was alright to change my AUT to 0000-0900...the entire shift! Duh?!? Tinatanong pa ba 'yun?!? Who'd in their right mind would decline?? Of course, I accepted!!! Yay! And I applied for TWO days, too!
When I checked the approved form, I definitely had two full days off AUT... and a half. My Saturday AUT was only approved from 0000-0500. But that's still a good thing. Especially since upon getting off that sked it was my off already. Mini-vacay!
I did get a lot of rest this week. I was alternating between working (ie, playing games) on this here PC, and when I'd get tired, I'd get some hours sleep. Then the cycle begins again. Plus of course got to play with my cats, too.
I'm thinking I should just apply for AUT every week. Because I'm able to get more rest, I wasn't as stressed like before. (It also helps that we didn't have such high volume of calls, too.) But I should also "ration" my undertimes so I wouldn't get a big cut from my paycheck.
So this weekend, on my actual days off, I got around to cleaning/organizing my room yet again. Now I was able to arrange some of my stuff more neatly, so at least there's a semblance of order to my room. (I could still definitely use more storage space.) Then I was also able to organize some of my files on here PC -- I still haven't gotten around to completely integrating my files from my old PC.
I'm feeling really productive, like for once I finally accomplished something on my day off, and for someone with OCD, that really is an achievement. ;-)
...
I met up with my college best friend earlier today. Willa emailed me out of the blue and said why don't we meet up because it turns out she still lives in the same city...and in a neighboring village to boot.
Some things never change! I was a bit early so I was able to check the bookstores first, and Willa was late, haha. We had a very leisurely lunch at Italianni's -- and by leisurely, I mean I haven't taken a lunch that took as long as it did today: it was past two when we left!! Of course, we were talking and catching up the whole time, and you also have to factor in the huge servings they have. Memories of high school: I felt it was a "magic plate" because no matter how many bites I took, it seemed as I still hadn't made any progress on my pasta!
Afterwards, we went to Starbucks and more kwento. This is what I truly like when you see old friends again; it's as if there wasn't such a huge amount of time since we last saw each other and we just pick up where we left off. Awwwwwww.
We got around to talking how frustrating my job is (of course), how even if she's married all this time she still adjusts to her marriage (I didn't know that), how her kids are (my inaanak is 11 years old already!), how she's studying again to get a teaching license... She also wants to get a master's degree in Art Education, and I want to do that -- but before I can do that, I have to get my B.A. first! OMG, my being an undergrad is not 'cute' anymore. She also offered to help me out since she's just a stay-at-home mom. (And I might take her up on her offer since she was my classmate after all. And she's been through what I'm still experiencing -- also took her some quite before she finished her "T"...but not as long as I am! Haha, am I setting a record here?!?)
Anyway, we just spent the afternoon catching up and promised we should see each other more often. Yay!
(Willa also brought up a very interesting career opportunity. If it's okay for me to send in my resume, I'm really going for it. Here's hoping.)
No comments:
Post a Comment