A cat went up to me when I left our house last Thursday night. And wouldn't you know it, it's Mommy Miming! She left home since late last year, and only saw her again a few times early this year. I was really surprised that she recognized me and would come to me and greet me on her own. So I picked her up and went back inside our house. It was good she wasn't afraid and let me pick her up, I thought she'd run away because she usually doesn't like being held. Even though I was running late, I didn't care. My mommy miming is home and I'm going to feed her first. Period. I even wanted not to go to work anymore, just so I could stay with the cats, but....
So I just prayed and thanked Goddess Bast for bringing my cat home and watching over her and making sure she's safe. I was really excited to come home and see her again, but she wasn't here anymore :-(
...Until this morning! I went downstairs around 6.30 to feed the cats, and I saw a black cat walking on the other side of the street. Like a mother knows her children, I knew it was MY cat and I called out to her. She immediately came over, even went inside the house with me again and straight to the kitchen, and fed her and the rest.
Poor thing, she's so skinny. She still has soft fur, but looks like she hasn't been grooming herself a lot lately. She may have a litter somewhere because her teats are engorged. And she has an awful open wound, but at least it's clean. As much as I'd like to put medication on it, I dare not because obviously she's going to lick it off anyway.
I'm pretty sure she'll be off again, but I asked her to come back to stay and bring the kittens where they'll be more safe. Please Goddess Bast watch over my pretty queen.
No comments:
Post a Comment