01 November 2008

Appaloosa.

Here's another late entry: I saw Appaloosa last October 17!

I was really astonished to see it was going to be shown here, considering it was on limited release in the US -- at least that's what I learned from a Viggo board I lurk in. Good thing I went to the mall prior to my day off, so I knew what I was going to do then :-D

My, that's a mighty big gun you have, sir.
Of course, I'm biased, so I'm going to say it's a good movie. Actually it is considering you rarely see enjoyable Westerns lately. And Ed Harris really looks like Viggo's older brother, so I'm a wee bit crushing on him, too. Their acting rapport was excellent in A History of Violence, so it is a pleasure to see them working together again. I learned that Ed Harris actually handed the script to Viggo for he had him in mind to play Everett! He says it was a gamble for an actor to hand a script to another actor, but it paid off.

Also, Diane Lane was supposed to have played Renee Zellweger's character, but backed off because of production delays. Too bad! We all know, or at least Viggo die-hards know, Viggo and Ms Lane have worked on A Walk on the Moon and that was memorable! It would've been nice to see them together again also.

And the best-est surprise: Jeremy Irons!!! OMFG, I didn't even know he was in there. So I'm like, a Viggo-Jeremy-Ed ménage à trois?!? Are you kidding me??? If I didn't think I'd be wasting money, I would've died right there.

That was was an absolutely pleasant afternoon I had. (Too bad there was no nekkid Viggo, otherwise I'd be quadruple dead.)

No comments: