That was the question I was asking myself last night. There wasn't a lot of calls, and they offered it pretty early for my shift: five slots until 0600. And it was only around 9:00 p.m.; I had only logged in for an hour!
The dilemma was with the leave accrual. We earn a leave credit if we're at work for four hours. I'm thinking since I have work on Wednesday nights, no problem, I'll get the credit. But then they said the credit was only for last night, and after 12 midnight, you weren't getting any credits anymore. Huh? But it was still September 30 last night, October 1 -- the holiday -- was still on midnight. (Duh.) But that was how it was. How strange....
Anyway, I've come to a point where I don't care anymore. I just want to go home. I don't want to work anymore. So I went on CUT 0911.
Yeah, it was impractical of me to do that. I could've waited several more hours and earned a leave credit. Most likely another CUT would've been offered (but then again, maybe not.) Plus my salary is going to be deducted with all the undertime I took this pay period.
I truly don't want to continue working there anymore. I'm so sick of it. The only thing keeping me there is the regular income.
Besides, I've come to a decision to leave at the end of this month. It's been a full year since I first attempted to resign, might as well try again. I'm just tired.
(Another thing, our contract ended September 30, 2008, and there hasn't been any renewal yet. So technically they could do anything to us. The 'joke' is we're like floating employees right now. Knowing how unfair our company can be, who knows what could happen... )
...
Another two months since my last post! It's because of this damn job. I'm really stressed out, and even though I want to write, I still get lazy about it. (Then again, if I did, I would write the same thing over & over again.)
See, I think I'm losing my ability to express myself because I'm depressed again. Poor me.
I need a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment