17 August 2012

¡Ayúdame! ¡Ayúdame!

The sun's out and that's good. I'm compelled to move around... and start doing all the chores I need to do around here. But just thinking about how much more I need to organize and clean again is frustrating that I go into denial and don't even want to do anything at all. But I have to because, duh, who else will?

I have been forcing myself to speak up and ask for help. It is very hard because it is something that doesn't come effortlessly to me. Then you read all these advice and motivational essays that say, don't be afraid to ask for help, people are willing to help if you just ask, etc.

But my pessimistic side says: yeah, but does anyone listen? Maybe they keep hearing me, but it feels no one truly listens.

No, the question should really be: does anyone choose to help me?

Damn this. It's too early in the day to be thinking so negatively.

I'll just have to do everything around here by myself again, even if it literally kills me. (Besides, I've done a whole lot already on my own, haven't I?)

1 comment:

Silvia C. said...

If you know you do need help that is the first step.... try talking to your friends, people you trust.
I, when I for some reason can not talk about my problems, write letters to myself. It may sound stupid but putting my problems in a paper and reading it all helps me a lot.

Good luck