So I went to the grocery today. I just happened to glance at this man's basket. In it, he had three packets of Fita biscuits and two small bottles of Coca-cola. My goodness, I thought. I have an idea of what his current situation must be like.
Yesterday I threw out some old receipts. Among my purchases some weeks ago were several packets of Fita biscuits and a 1.5L bottle of Coca-cola.
At the registers, it so happened I got into the queue after that same man. He had added a small bag of laundry detergent and a small bottle of bleach. And a lapad of Cossack vodka.
Yes. I do know. It may not be the same circumstances but we are clearly in the same boat. Except my vice of choice is smoking. (Or he may smoke, too. He could just buy the cigarettes at the sari-sari or by tingi because it's cheaper that way.)
You can really tell what a person is like depending on what is in their shopping basket. I'd amend that to "what a person is going through."
No comments:
Post a Comment