So the results were posted and my photograph didn't win :( It's probably not that good because it ranked 4 out of the 5 entries.
Story of my life.
What I really don't understand is the scoring system. Two photos only had 4 scores, the rest had complete scores from 5 judges. And the points were merely added up. So doesn't that automatically make mine and the other photo have a lower score than the rest? I do think it's unfair. It would have been better if the points were averaged. (Because I did some computations and I would have won on averages. If I only got another 3, it would've been close. If it was another 4 -- which was my lowest score, compared to the winner which was 3.85 -- I still would've won. Even if it was scored the way they do in gymnastics/figure-skating where the lowest & highest scores are disregarded then the rest averaged, it would've still come on top. And my photo was the only one with two 5.00s...)
*buntong-hininga*
I wish there was an explanation why one judge had no score for the two photos. If the judge thought the photos were really awful to merit no points, I'd understand. But there's no clarification or anything.
I admit I do feel bad. This would have been a nice consuelo de bobo to an otherwise depressing year. Yes, I did say the recognition was good enough, but I didn't expect the scoring system to be like this.
I'm so tempted to make a comment about it, problem is my inner b!tch is dying to get a word in and I don't know how to word it without sounding like I'm bitter.
Heh heh, bitter. Like the muse.
...
Somebody already made a comment about it, why the zero scores for the two photos and the scores should have been averaged because of that. I just hope there's a really good explanation for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment