05 December 2009

Oi.

So how long was it since my last entry? Six months? Well.

I feel bad not updating about the major upheavals that had happened, but then there's my alibi: I was depressed -- who wouldn't be? But I'll get around to it (uh huh).

This is just too exciting for me to put off for later. Ms Chuvaness has a promo for the Sony Ericsson Greenheart phone. Wicked cool phone, and haven't I been saying for the longest time I need a good camphone (so I can use TwitPic more often)? And it's a photography contest to boot!

Actually I did get discouraged right away. I assumed I had to go out and take a new photo when I couldn't even think of what subject or how to approach the theme, which is "Green." Then I realized -- duh -- I could just use my earlier photos! Right aways I knew it had to be my favorite Coron photo. As Ms Chuvaness herself would say on her blog: lahvettt!!! You were allowed up to 5 entries, so I also included this close-up photo of leaves -- nothing special, but I also like that photo and it literally fits with the theme.

I've been waiting anxiously for the update since the deadline about two weeks ago. So when I see on RSS it's already up... and that my photograph is shortlisted!!! Yay!!! *tumbling muna*

Ta-da, I'm back. And of course I'm flattered to read some comments that say they like my photo. But the first and last photographs posted I find good, too. Well... actually, the first one could slightly have had a better composition, just a teensy-tiny-teeny little bit. But the last one, I have to echo one of the comments: I'm torn between my own photo and that one! Because it is surreal!

I'm just happy for the recognition. And the judges were from the Camera Club of the Philippines ha!

But winning that phone would be sweeeet.... ;)

Results on Monday. Keep yer fingers crossed.

No comments: