To make up for all the time I've been "away," I'm thinking maybe I should write in my journal at least once every couple of days, if not every day. I've really been away too long, plus I miss writing...ranting and raving on whatever. I'll the be the first to admit I don't see myself as a good writer but it's cathartic. Free therapy. And I get to hone my creative skills, too.
...
I may have been whoring slaving over my "menial, meaningless" job for nearly two years now, but at least now I have something to show for it, which is my new PC. Yay! I really ♥ my new PC so much.
I still like my old PC, it did serve me well for how many years (uh, hello, its OS is still Windows98!) and has saved my sanity countless times (except for the two times it crashed and I nearly lost my "life"). But its time has come, and I had to upgrade.
I won't be boring by listing the specs, but I'm OC so I'm compelled to: 1.9GHz AMD Sempron, Gigabyte mobo, 512MB DDR2 memory, 256MB GeForce video card (should be higher because of my bro's video card), LAN, HP DVD writer...but what really is the best part for me is the HDD: 80GB!!! Yehey!!! I know that's 'standard' or may be small compared to others that can have up to 250GBs, but please take it in context: I was on my old PC for what felt like a million years on these specs: Pentium R, 32MB RAM, 8MB video, 56k modem and a 4GB HDD. No, I'm not kidding. When it was brand new, it was the fastest specs and largest HDD. Then factor in how quickly computer technology advances nowadays, and how cheaper everything becomes, too. I do wonder now I was able to exist with those specs, I guess it just shows how careful I am with the things that are dear to me :-)
Getting a PC upgrade was one of my priorities when I got employed. It took me this long because, hey, I have bills to pay, too. And it was tempting to just use the money I should set aside for my savings for shopping sprees. Actually, I just wanted to upgrade my old PC, get new hardware, etc. But since I needed a major (!) overhaul, might as well get a new one. It's just the CPU, not the entire package. I also had to get a new keyboard because these new CPUs have PS2 keyboard sockets, whereas my old keyboard had the big round socket.
I'm really grateful I was finally able to get a new CPU. It's given me new energy, at least when I'm here in the comforts of my room and my home. (Energy which should be put to use in writing and updating my websites, and not solely on arcade games. And I say "here" because if I talk about a different location, i.e., workplace, um, I have no energy there.)
"Protect my moon and shining sun."
No comments:
Post a Comment